Being a small enterprise in the tourism sector surely incurred quite many challenges in the past years. The COVID-19 crisis alone indeed hit very hard, in a sector that was already struggling to find its place in an ever-growing world with changing tourist characteristics and need.
While the RESETTING consortium cannot fathom bringing all-around help to SMEs in the tourism sector, within the scope of its possibilities, the consortium will do its best to bring forwards its resources, skills and manpower to the best of its possibilities to stand by the side of tourism enterprises and bring them all the support it can.
Among the resources that the RESETTING consortium will offer to the enterprises that will join its call, there will be training, coaching and mentoring services, managed by the RESETTING partner Cluster TIC Catalunya Sud, and technical and practical knowledge will be provided to the accepted enterprises following this method:
- Detect the issues that SMEs have in regard to digital transformation.
- Make adaptative tech programs according to the issues that SMEs have.
- Provide counselling services to the SMEs in order to help deal with digital innovation and transformation by providing tools, advice on best practises and generating internal projects that make SMEs more efficient and competitive.
- Transfer the knowledge and best practices to boost efficiency and sustainability levels for the SMEs so that selected SMEs can improve their energy efficiency, water management issues, matters related to mobility management as well as recommendations to tackle food waste in their operations.
The three main areas for the training part will be the following:
- Sustainability and Circularity – Teaching ways to the SMEs to attain higher levels of sustainability in their operations, especially in regard to environmental aspects (decarbonisation of the industry).
- Reskilling – Update existing content with the evolution that technology allows.
- Discover: Showing new technologies to SMEs and explaining the benefits.
Regarding cooperation and network building, the beneficiaries will get the opportunity to get to know each other, share their experiences, their current situation, the challenges they had to face and the methods they managed to overcome them, whilst learning from other examples or companies that are in a different or more advanced situation.
To strengthen the various enterprises’ positions and capabilities, the RESETTING project placed great importance on creating a community, a forum to share experiences and skills, which would benefit all the enterprises that join it.
To start this community, various activities have been planned, like the following:
- Meetups: In no more than one hour, a technological/digital tool is explained on its benefits and what are the resources/skills needed to be applied.
- Success Business Cases: Success stories of digital transformation, innovation and good practices in sustainability will be sought and made known, which will make it possible to showcase how other companies have been able to solve problems and how they are facing the future with the use of technology.
- Webinars: Explanation of methodologies and best practices related to sustainable tourism, with the goal of providing training material and at the same time practical experience that SMEs can use in their enterprises as a base for new ideas to be more efficient at the same time.
- Tourism Hackathon: An activity with the different SMEs to be able to respond to real and future challenges of companies in the tourism sector, with the goal of generating both new opportunities and projects through the games and collaboration tests that are proposed to SMEs.
You can join the latest call and learn more about the RESETTING project on our main website – https://www.resetting.eu/